Sunday, August 1, 2010

KERMAN Iran (March 1996).

KERMAN  Iran (March 1996).

A young Baha'i had started mandatory military service;
he was approached by a mullah (priest) resident at Military Garrisons providing "spiritual guidance" to soldiers.
The mullah was referred to as Hajji, who had recognized the young man as a Baha'i.
 He instructed the boy to publicly announce at the next morning's prayer assembly he is a Bahá'í so that all would know.
The young Bahá'í obeyed &complied with this instruction.
 At the next morning prayers he announced that he has been instructed by Hadji to announce he is a Baha'i in case anyone would wish not to associate with him.  
Later Hajji in great anger said, "I told you to only say that you are a Baha'i.
I didn't ask you to give a lecture and tell them why, now you will be punished."

So the young Bahá'í was locked up for two weeks in a toilet.
 The young man dreamt of 'Abdu'l-Baha who addressed him with these words:   "You have passed your test very well."
That day soldiers came in great hurry & took our friend to Hajji, who was very shaken, upset and with trembling voice said:
"The reason I release you is: last night I had a very vivid dream, a turbaned siyyid (descendent of Prophet Muhammad)    
-The Master is a siyyid- questioned me asking: Why have you imprisoned my son?
You must release him and ask for his forgiveness."
So I am releasing you and begging for your forgiveness, I will not go until you forgive me." The young Bahá'í said he has forgiven him.
Three days later the Hajji died having told this history to his wife & children.
Should we not follow the example of the steadfastness of the friends in Iran?
--
--FROM MY BROTHER MERDAD OF CHILLI

No comments:

Post a Comment